I got a good price on some beach mainland so I bought it and have spent several days buying furniture and decorating, putting together the hangout I mentioned in the last post () I also tried out a few different building designs and tried building some myself. In the end though a store recommended by Paypabak had a great built that I loved (you can see it in the shot behind me).
So far the club (though I don’t like the connotations of that word) has the following amenities for my fellow Introverted Travelers to enjoy
- Bar area
- Read, drink, or smoke quietly alone or with others.
- Reading nook
- Play card games and read. I have a cool idea for this area that I am still exploring, let’s see if it gets off the ground.
- Desk area
- Think of it as a place to sit and get some work done when you have some scripting or notecards or IMs to do.
- Information Area
- Mostly decoration at the moment, but I hope to have sort of a ‘clearing house’ of resources for people.
- Living Room
- Place to watch TV. Like a common video stream.
- I hope to add some video games to this, but we’ll see what’s up.
- Outside lounge
- Simply a place to sit outside and enjoy waves and / or sun.
I’m also working on a way to do a sort of driving range into the sea (it may require a slight modification to the golf system I like so I’m in touch with the creator) and some general decor / landscaping.
I still have a bit of work to do, but I’m trying to make everything in the vein of come and be as alone and quiet as you want, without being pressure to talk to anyone but with friendly people. I for instance like to work near other people and with music or a TV going even if we are not talking, and I want people to feel comfortable doing that.
I imagine that if this place works at all it is going to take some experimentation, so cross your fingers. Why not publish the location yet? because I’d rather get a few more things done first, that’s all.